Spring is almost here, and with the warmer weather come some of the best perks of homeownership – grilling in the back yard, playing outside with your family, and gardening. But before you plan your cook out, you need to make sure that your yard is ready for your family and friends.
EASY DIY IDEAS TO GET YOUR LANDSCAPE READY FOR SPRING
Once the weather finally warms up, most of us will probably be spending more time outdoors. Here are a few things you can do to make sure to give your back yard the care it will be needing:
Make sure your lawn maintenance schedule is up to date: This means making sure your lawn is mowed and all of your trees and shrubs are trimmed up to accommodate their spring growth. Spring is the time for:
- Pre-emergent application to avoid the accumulation of crabgrass
- Aeration, which loosens compacted soil to allow the roots of your grass to retain moisture and nutrients
- Light, organic fertilization and frequent mowing
Take care of any garden debris and clean up any winter messes: Cold winter weather might mean you’ve been putting off some of your outdoor chores, but the spring thaw is the perfect time to catch up. Grab your tools and get to work cleaning up fallen branches and other garden debris so you wont have to worry about it while the kids are playing outside.
Fix any broken landscape items: During the winter, pipes may have broken, patio furniture probably rusted, and wooden structures might be damaged. This is a great chance for you to get your family involved in getting your landscape ready for spring with some fun repair and lawn improvement activities.
- Refinish the back deck to refresh the look of the wood after such a harsh winter season
- Check out a few outdoor living space ideas to map out how you want your new backyard to look
- Plant a garden so you’ll have plenty of home grown seasonal vegetables for the seasons to come.
SEEK THE HELP OF PROFESSIONAL TO ENSURE YOUR LAWN AND LANDSCAPE IS READY FOR THE NEW SEASON
The DIY approach can be fun when it comes to putting the final touches on your home’s interior and exterior, but isn’t always ideal when it’s a matter of building a sustainable lawn care initiative, or even ensuring the health of your family. Professional landscaping companies can help make sure your landscaping looks beautiful all year long while mosquito control companies can give you the peace of mind that your family will be safe to enjoy your outdoor space.
Goodfellas Enterprises Lawn Care in Bellevue and Omaha, NE is currently running amazing specials for the month of April:
- $10 OFF Spring Clean-up by adding a new service of ours.
- $2 OFF on weekly mowing or monthly fertilization with 2 referrals
- Month of FREE mowing with 5 referrals
This offer is only Valid for the month of APRIL 2016. You can contact us through our website by clicking here—-> Goodfellasenterprises LLC or you can call us at 402-551-7978 or email at Keligoodfellas@yahoo.com.